Tuesday, October 9, 2012

madison in the fall

fall trip to madison! I got off early last friday and took the bus up for the weekend. I totally lucked out on the way there my seat was on the second story and I literally looked out the front windshield. it felt very titanic and "I'm on top of the world"

we went out for delicious coctails and snacks friday night at madison's own james beard winning restaurant graze. everything we got was delish I can't wait to make it back and try the rest of the menu.

saturday was the perfect fall day. we started with brunch at marigold - a madison staple. then off the the market. it circles the capital and is filled with fresh veggies, flowers and tones of pumpkins! there is a lot more diversity compared to the chicago 'green city' farmers market. 

I loved these kale flowers - they give the bouquet a very different look and they are supposed to last significantly longer than most other flowers.

then it was game time with my fam! we were so happy that the badgers pulled off a win for us.